LUNA, Apayao, July 3(PIA) -- Governor Eleanor Bulut-Begtang ordered the immediate enforcement of temporary lockdown of the municipal borders of Kabugao and Flora towns following the confirmation of two new COVID-19 cases in the province.
The DOH confirmed on Tuesday (June 30) the two new COVID-19 cases, a 25-year old man from Kabugao who came from Taguig City and a 30-year old female from Flora who is an overseas Filipino worker. With the two new cases, Apayao has now ten COVID-19 cases with eight recoveries.
The male patient is admitted at the Kabugao quarantine facility while the female patient is confined at the Far North General Hospital in Luna town.
The Governor called on the municipal mayors to place on lockdown the barangays where the two new patients reside including other areas where the patients have been in the past days.
While on lockdown, aggressive disinfection and sanitation will also be conducted in the identified areas .
Begtang said that the lockdowns are needed to prevent the further transmission of the COVID-19 and to allow the conduct of the contact tracing of the individuals who might have contacts with the new COVID-19 positive cases.
She also called on individuals who may have contacts with the two COVID-19 positive patients in the past 14 days to come forward and cooperate with the contact tracing teams.
"We appeal to the cooperation of the public to stem further transmission of the disease, and reiterate adherence to health safety guidelines such as staying home, social distancing, wearing of face masks, and maintenance of proper personal hygiene at all times," the governor said.
"Let us join hands together in this continuing battle with the pandemic. As it had been in our previous confirmed cases, with everyone's cooperation, we will get through this healthy and sound," she added. (JDP/ RMC- PIA CAR)