QUEZON CITY, July 7 (PIA) -- Malacanang released today the updated guidelines on the allowed services of barbershops and salons from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
In a virtual presser, Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque, noted that all haircutting services and hair treatment services are allowed under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Meanwhile, under the Modified GCQ (MGCQ) the following limited services are allowed:
* all haircutting services
* hair treatment services
* nail care services
* basic facial care such as make-up, eyebrow threading, eyelash extension and facial massage
* basic personal care services such as waxing, threading, shaving, foot and hand spa
However, Roque emphasized that strict protocols in health sanitation should be followed such as wearing of face mask and face shield, gloves, and sterilized equipment.
Roque added that only 30% operating capacity of barbershops and salons are allowed in areas under GCQ while 50% be in MGCQ areas until July 15.
As such, beginning 16th July 2020, GCQ areas will have 50% operating capacity while MGCQ areas will have 75% operating capacity provided that venue capacity allows for physical distancing and compliant with the prescribed health protocols.
In addition to these, mandatory health standards and protocols should be observed as follows:
* No face mask, no entry
* Provision for rubbing alcohol
* Registration with SafePass or staysafe.ph, health declaration checklist for contact tracing
* Thermal scanning prior to entry where higher than 37.5ºC
* Declined entry with those who have symptoms of colds, cough, and/or difficulty in breathing
* Chairs to be occupied should have a distance of at least 1 meter on all sides
* Establishment should have proper ventilation and exhaust system
* Restroom is properly sanitized and free of accumulated of trash
* Sterilization of equipment or tools and workstation before and after each service
* companions are not allowed entry unless absolutely necessary
Roque reiterated the importance of observing the basic health protocols such as wearing of facemask, hand washing, and observing physical distancing amid COVID-19 pandemic.
"Dahil sa kinakailangan na nating maghanapbuhay at buksan ang ating ekonomiya, alam naman na natin ang ating mga sandata. Social distancing, mag suot ng mask at mghugas ng kamay," he said. (MBP/PIA-IDPD)