Wed, 05 Oct 2022

MANILA - The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Thursday said no suspects have been identified yet in the death of two Filipinos in the United Arab Emirates.

Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs Eduardo Jose de Vega said the two male Filipinos were found dead in their Dubai apartment "supposedly locked from inside" last month.

"So far, there has been no perpetrator identified. And as I was saying, we would like to work on it discreetly. That's why I'm not even mentioning the names of the relatives," he told reporters at a press conference.

De Vega said the DFA is in touch with the relatives of the two while the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai and the country's legal retainer there closely follow developments regarding the ongoing investigation.

"We are promised updates when more findings come out," he added.

He said the agency also closely coordinates with the newly-created Department of Migrant Workers.

In the same briefing, he made an assurance that the DFA would continue to assist overseas Filipinos through its assistance-to-nationals and legal assistance funds. (PNA)

More Philippines News

Access More

Sign up for Philippines News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!